Library: There is a rich collection of books for students and teachers. There are reading room facilities and books are also lent to students on short and long term basis.
Experiment/ Instrument List (Dept. of Physics, JISU)
- Adjustment of the Spectrometer for parallel rays by Schusters method and to determine the refractive index of the material of a prism by spectrometer from ( i-δ ) curve.
- To estimate the temperature of a torch bulb filament from resistance measurement and to verify Stefan’s law.
- To calibrate a polarimeter and hence to determine the concentration of sugar solution.
- To study the variation of mutual inductance of a given pair of co-axial coils by using a ballistic galvanometer.
- Interested students may go to foreign universities for their research career or various jobs related to chemistry.
To determine the wavelength of a monochromatic light by Fresnel’s biprism
- To study the diffraction pattern of a crossed grating with the help of a LASER source.
- To find the number of lines per centimeter of the transmission grating and hence to measure the wavelength of an unknown spectral line and to measure the wavelength difference between D1 and D2 lines of sodium using a slit of adjustable width.
- To draw the B-H loop for the material of an anchor ring by ballistic galvanometer and to estimate the energy loss per cycle of magnetisation.
- To determine the wavelength of a monochromatic light by Newton's ring method.
- To calibrate a Hall probe with the help of a Ballistic Galvanometer and use the probe to study the variation of magnetic field of an electromagnet with (i) the magnetizing current and (ii) position in a transverse direction.
- To determine the band gap energy of a given semiconductor by four-probe method.
- Study of multivibrator.
- Frank Hertz Experiment.
- Determination of e/m of an electron.
- Study of Optical Fiber and determination of Numerical Aperture.
- Determination of Lande g - factor.
- Study of Lattice Dynamics.
- Calibration of Temperature Controller.
- Determination of Planck’s Constant.
- Verification Stefan’s Law.
- Solar Cell Characteristics.
- Study of Dielectric constant and determination of Curie temperature.
- Study of Iodine Spectra.
- Determination of Velocity of Ultrasonic Wave.
- Michelson Interferometer.
Special training provided by the department
Preparatory classes for CSIR-UGC NET, SET, TIFR, DRDO and BARC Entrance Test, JEST, IIT-JAM, are conducted regularly by faculties and experts from different renowned institutes in their respective fields.
JIS Group organizes centralized placement facilities in which different MNC s participate in placement procedure and select prospective students.
Facilities with photographs (JPEG format)
The department houses highly advanced electronics lab and a computation unit. The department is also planning to set up an experimental plasma laboratory.
R & D Initiative with photographs (JPEG format)
Faculties have approached different Govt. and Non-Govt. funding agencies for various research activities.
Employment ability Skill Development Program
In the current scenario excellence alone is not sufficient to succeed in one’s professional career. JIS University therefore, extends all possible support to its students to acquire confidence, leadership skill, managerial skill, communication skill etc through comprehensive training and development program. JIS University organized an exhibition on the Innovation and Entrepreneurial Development of the students: SkillX Autumn 2015 & SkillX Spring 2016, where students of the JIS University represents their innovative projects. Management & Industry experts, career counselors and other professional lend their valuable advice to the students to choose the track best suited for each individuals.
- Dr. Dhruba Banerjee (JU).
- Dr. S. Mukhopadhyay (JU).
- Prof. B. Ghosh (JU), BoS members.
- Prof. S. Midya (CU), BoS members.
- Dr. H Mondol (RBC, Naihati).