JIS Group Educational Initiatives, the largest Educational conglomerate in the eastern zone and today with more than 30 institutes is inspired by its Founder Sardar Jodh Singh to launch the JIS University Merit Scholarship for its commitment towards society.JIS University has a vision to focus on a policy of consistent quality enrichment education and to promote growth and economic prosperity of the nation by offering Scholarship for the students to pursue their dreams of higher education.
JIS University, under its SJSMS scheme offers scholarship to meritorious and financially weak students of the society. The scholarship amount, extending up to 100% on tuition fees of the total course fees, is awarded on the basis of the assessment of prospective candidates by SJSMS Committee. The University awards its scholarship to the students who wish to pursue their studies in various courses at JIS University.
JIS University offers scholarship (JISUMS) to the candidates fulfilling any criterion listed below:
- Entrance Examination: The candidate should have to score good percentile in the admission entrance examination at JIS University (JISUEE).
- Previous Qualification: The Candidate with consistent performance in all previous qualifying examinations.
- Other Consideration:
- a) If the candidate’s parents have worked in the Indian Defense Services at any point of time.
- b) If the candidate is a single girl child.
- c) If the candidate is a child of Single mother.
- d) If the candidate is a child of JIS Group Employee.
- e) If the candidate is from an orphanage NGO.
- f) If the candidate represents district or state or national level in any sports he/she will be eligible to get scholarship.
- 1. Merit-cum-Means Scholarship For Professional & Technical Courses, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
- 2. Oasis (Online Application For Scholarship In Studies), Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal
- 3. Swami Vivekananda West Bengal Government Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship Scheme, Government of West Bengal.