The Anti-Ragging Pact at JIS Group
Ragging has ruined countless innocent lives and careers. In order to eradicate it, JIS College has taken strong steps to counter the heinous act of ragging in its institutes. In JIS Group Institutions, all students have to abide by the institute regulations to curb the menace of ragging as per the directives of the honorable supreme court of India (writ Petition No.(C)656/1998), the legal provisions stated in The West Bengal Prohibition of Ragging in Educational Institutions Act, 2000 (W.B. Act XIII of 2000) and also as per the notification by All India Council for Technical Education on the prevention and prohibition of ragging in technical Institutions, Universities including Deemed to be Universities imparting technical education F.No.37 - /Legal/AICTE/2009.
Ragging and the Legal Provisions
Ragging and the legal Provisions Enactment of Central and the state laws, makes ragging a cognizable offence with identifying the perverse forms of ragging under such law(s), and giving punishments appropriate with the cruelty of the offence -
- A student indulged in the act of ragging his/her juniors may be expelled from college/ University.
- He/she may be banned / debarred from staying in hostel/mess.
- Scholarship/stipend/financial grant can be withdrawn/cancelled by the College/University.
- He/she may be debarred from appearing at future examinations of University.
- He/she may be debarred from taking admission to any other educational institute in the state or even in the entire country.
- He/she may be charge sheeted and court of law may try the accused student.
- It may, after taking all precautions, give severe punishment to meet the end of justice.
- 339 Wrongful restraint.
- 340 Wrongful confinement.
- 341 Punishment of wrongful restraint.
- 342 Punishment of wrongful confinement.
- 294 Obscene acts and songs.
- 506 Punishment for criminal intimidation.
- 323 Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt.
- 324 Voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means.
- 325 Punishment for voluntarily causing grievous hurt.
- 326 Voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means.
- 304 Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
- 306 Abetment of suicide.
- 307 Attempt to murder.